A one-year competency-based apprenticeship leads to Kia Service Technician certification for eligible veterans
Irvine, Calif.—Kia America has announced the Kia Veterans Technician Apprenticeship Program to provide military veterans with the opportunity to become trained Kia technicians along with support through the training process. Kia America will work with Educational Resource Systems, Inc. (ERS) and Kia retailers to provide qualified veterans with career opportunities as Kia technicians.
“Kia is proud to provide highly specialized career opportunities to military veterans in conjunction with ERS and our nationwide network of retailers,” said Greg Silvestri, vice president, service operations, Kia America. “We thank our veterans for their service and look forward to helping them leverage their skill set for civilian jobs.”
Kia Veterans Technician Apprenticeship Program highlights:
- A program designed specifically for veterans and their needs
- Participation in a one-year competency-based apprenticeship leading to Kia Service Technician certification for eligible veterans
- Access to tools, equipment, vehicles, and training needed to complete the apprenticeship and certification process
- Potential full-time employment with a participating Kia retailer
- Pending approval by the US Government, eligible veterans may apply for and receive a GI Bill monthly housing allowance during their apprenticeship
For more information about the program visit www.kiavets.com
Comments are closed.