Provides economic insights and consumer trends, includes jobs and tax revenue data, and data on vehicle registration, fueling infrastructure and more
Washington, D.C.—The Alliance for Automotive Innovation has released its new Economic Insights database, which provides a range of data on the automotive industry’s total contribution to the U.S. economy.
The database is searchable by state and congressional district and includes metrics on U.S. jobs, tax revenue, export activity, vehicle registration, fueling infrastructure, consumer trends and more.
Here are a few takeaways:
Auto industry and American jobs:
• Supports 9.7 million jobs coast to coast — 4.9 percent of U.S. jobs.
• Produces $702 billion in total labor income annually.
Auto industry and economic growth:
• In 2022, 13.5 million new light-duty vehicles sold in the U.S.
• In 2022, motor vehicles and parts exported from the U.S. totaled $96.6 billion — $1.1 trillion over the past decade.
Auto industry generates tax revenue:
• Nearly $126 billion in federal tax revenue generated annually by the auto industry — 2.8 percent of all federal tax revenue.
For more, access Alliance for Automotive Innovation’s economic impact database HERE.