Report identifies macro trends, business drivers, and technologies reshaping consumer driving, vehicle ownership, automotive claims and collision repair
Chicago—CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. (CCC) has announced the availability of its annual Crash Course report, which identifies trends impacting the P&C insurance economy, a multifaceted industry advancing the future of personal mobility and safer roadways. The report delivers insights on the convergence of economic, social, and technological shifts that are reshaping driving behaviors, vehicle ownership, automotive insurance and claims handling, collision repair and more.
“Macroeconomic trends like inflation, supply chain constraints, and labor shortages are putting pressure on an industry that is simultaneously managing through major advancements in vehicle technology, including the growing popularity of advanced driver safety systems (ADAS) and EVs,” said Jason Verlen, CCC’s vice president, product marketing. “Together these factors are shifting insurability and repairability models and related cost and service dynamics.”
Key topics covered in Crash Course 2023 include:
- Shifts in consumer driving behaviors and the changing nature of auto accidents, resulting in more severe vehicle damage and bodily injury.
- The impact of labor shortages on vehicle repair and medical treatment costs, claim and repair resolution times, and consumers’ experiences with the overall claims process.
- Growing consumer interest in new vehicle technology — ADAS and EVs — and the benefits and subsequent increases in repair complexity.
- Increasing proliferation of advanced technology — AI, mobile, cloud, and the Internet of Things —embedded in claims and repair processes to temper the effects of macro trends and user experiences.
- A view into what’s next for the operational future of automakers, insurers, repairers, and other ecosystem providers.
Download the full report here.
Comments are closed.