Leesburg, Va.—Five Southern Californians were among 53 automotive professionals recognized at the Fall Board of Governors meeting of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) in Phoenix, Ariz. The annual awards banquet spotlights top scorers on the ASE Certification Tests.
Forty-one companies from both OEM and aftermarket segments sponsored individual technician recognition awards in the Auto, Truck, Collision, Bus, Parts and Service categories, along with awards for instructors. Award sponsors look for top scores on ASE tests, on-the-job excellence, and community service when selecting honorees.
Southern California award winners are:
• Axalta Coating Systems/ASE Refinish Technician of the Year — Steve Baker, of Philip Thearle’s Autowerks , San Diego
• Navistar/ASE Parts Specialist of the Year — Raul Villalobos, of Gibbs Truck Centers, Oxnard
• Pep Boys/ASE Master Automobile Technician of the Year — Cameron Campbell, of Pep Boys, San Clemente
• Subaru/ASE Master Automobile Technician of the Year — Michael Flud, of Lithia Subaru, Fresno
• Toyota/ASE Master Collision Repair & Refinish Technician of the Year — Andres Solis, of Toyota Carlsbad Collision, Vista