New collaboration will strengthen the connections and create a pipeline between local high schools and industry
St. Louis—As part of the I-CAR Adopt-A-School goal, the St. Louis I-CAR Committee has created a way to strengthen the connection to its local technical high schools. 3M Plastic Repair Stations will be built, filled with materials and delivered to North Tech, South Tech, and Lewis & Clark High Schools in November.
“We are proud to have the teachers and administration at each of these schools on the I-CAR Committee and partnering in this project,” stated the committee. “Our hope is that this project will assist in creating a pipeline and fortifying the relationship between our area secondary and post-secondary schools.”
The collaboration may eventually serve as a model to other I-CAR Committees with similar goals. Committee members, top participating SkillsUSA contestants from each school, partners, and industry representatives are invited to participate in the build. By working together, the collaboration hopes to impact students for many years to come.
What is needed:
• To cover the cost of the project, the committee is seeking partners. See below for more information.
• Volunteers on Saturday, Nov. 13, for Build Day. Tentatively 8 a.m.—3 p.m. Project includes overseeing and assisting in welding, painting, assembly and other non-technical tasks. RSVP to volunteer by Oct 20 by clicking here.
• Materials, tools or equipment donations.
• Partnership, volunteer and general questions: Shelly Jones, email@example.com, 314-920-6710
• Materials, tools or equipment donations: John Helterbrand, firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAD SCHOOL PARTNER: $2,000
This lead sponsorship level includes company logo placement on all eight doors of one school’s 3M Plastic Repair Station for one year. Large logo placement on Adopt-A-School 2021 T-shirts and banner. Acknowledged in a press release and posts on St. Louis I-CAR Committee & Collision Engineering social media pages.
ORGANIZER PARTNER: $1,000
This sponsorship level includes company logo placement on four doors of one school’s 3M Plastic Repair Station for one year. Logo placement on Adopt-A-School 2021 T-shirts and banner. Acknowledged in press release and posts on St. Louis I-CAR Committee social media pages.
DOOR PARTNER: $250/DOOR
This sponsorship level includes company logo placement on one door of one school’s 3M Plastic Repair Station for one year. Logo placement on Adopt-A-School 2021 T-shirts and banner.
There are eight logo placements per school available (24 total). The deadline to reserve a door is Oct. 20, by emailing Shelly Jones at email@example.com. Checks can be made to MV-TAP and mailed to:
544 Mae Court
Fenton, MO 63026