New, enhanced brand security features help protect customers against purchasing counterfeit product and ensures authenticity versus “meeting OE spec”
Grand Blanc, Mich. — General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales has released all-new parts packaging as part of a broader effort to rebrand and strengthen GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco. These global parts brands offer a full portfolio of maintenance, repair, collision and powertrain components.
For GM dealers and independent aftermarket sellers, this announcement includes enhanced brand security measures to guarantee authenticity. The rebrand is a result of global research and will help ensure a consistent brand image.
New packaging features include:
- Internationally relevant color coding and graphics
- Illustration of a continued three-tiered strategy, with an OE portfolio that is designed, engineered, tested and backed by General Motors
- Multi-language translations
- Clear designations that the product is an authentic GM Original Equipment part, versus “meeting OE spec”
- UPC codes on several products to support sellers and their evolving businesses
- New brand security features to provide customers extra confidence and help protect against purchasing counterfeit product