The award will recognize collaborative and innovative aftermarket initiatives between a supplier and a channel partner at the 2022 AASA Vision Conference
Research Triangle Park, N.C. – The Selection Committee chose three collaborative aftermarket projects as finalists for the fourth annual AASA Channel Excellence Award presented by Epicor. This prestigious industry honor will be awarded during the 2022 AASA Vision Conference on Wednesday, April 6 in Dearborn, Mich.
The 2022 AASA Channel Excellence Award finalists and projects are:
- Bosch/NAPA: A complete ADAS recalibration solution for collision and repair facilities looking to calibrate their customers’ vehicle ADAS features quickly, precisely, and effectively after service or repair.
- Dorman/Multiple Channel Partners: A website tool that allows users to identify local inventory in real-time saving them much needed time and effort.
- NGK/AutoZone: An O2 sensor program that grows market share and lays the foundation for future shifts in market demand driven by late model O2 sensor technological changes.
“Collaboration between suppliers and channel partners is a priority for our growing and changing industry,” said Paul McCarthy, AASA president and COO. “These finalists and their respective projects demonstrate the crucial efficiencies and technological advances our industry can achieve when we work together to encourage effective problem solving.”
“These projects demonstrate the value of collaboration in solving the challenges of a highly complex value chain,” said Tim Hardin, senior vice president and general manager, Automotive, Epicor. “Ultimately, each success builds toward a future where data-driven collaboration isn’t just project based, but a daily part of doing business and optimizing our industry’s contributions to the global economy.”
The finalists submitted applications and will submit videos about their innovative projects. The videos will help bring the projects to life for the Selection Committee and will be played for attendees during the conference.
The 2022 AASA Channel Excellence Award Selection Committee includes:
- Rod Bayless, Epicor
- Brian Cruickshank, University of the Aftermarket
- Chris Gardner, AASA
- Rick Guirlinger, Schwartz Advisors, LLC
- Tony Molla, TM Consulting
- Joe Pomaranski, Pomaranski Consulting
The 2021 Channel Excellence Award winners were Standard Motor Products (above) and National Performance Warehouse Companies (NPW). They developed a solution to resolve inventory complications across a nationwide supply chain during a pandemic.
Additional information about the virtual AASA Vision Conference can be accessed by visiting aasavision.com.