Long Beach, Calif.—Long Beach City College’s automotive program is recruiting for adjunct automotive instructors for the fall semester. The program is asking for referrals for candidates that have experience in teaching automotive technology or have been working in the automotive industry who can help teaching some of its courses part time.
The application can be found here.
1. Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the discipline; OR,
2. An Associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline; OR,
3. Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline; OR,
4. Meet equivalent qualifications established by the district AND appropriate certificate to practice or licensure or its equivalent, if available; OR,
5. The equivalent
6. Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding, and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.