“Our goal is to provide young kids with a creative outlet during this time of sheltering and give back to our wonderful community,” says Jeff Lovell, ASA Northwest
Lakewood, Wash.—Nine auto repair shops in Washington and Oregon are participating in an initiative to spark children’s creativity during the coronavirus crisis. Kukui has partnered with ASA Northwest auto repair shops to host a drawing/coloring contest, and Kukui has collaborated to develop custom landing pages including an easy-to-use file upload form, as well as email campaigns and other marketing materials.
Each shop will be contributing $150 for a total of $1,350. The shop with the most art submissions will win, and they will donate the $1,350 to their charity of choice.
Children have a chance to win prizes, too. Each participating repair shop will award one scooter in the under 10-year-old age group and one mountain bike in the 10-14 age group. One grand-prize winner will be selected from all entries from all nine locations to win the pocket bike.
• Children under the age of 10 years old.
• Children between the ages of 10-14 years old.
Three ways to enter:
- Download a page from www.crayola.com/featured/free-coloring-pages, color it in, and submit it to ASA-NW using the upload form below.
- Create your own drawing by hand and submit it to ASA Northwest using the upload form below.
- Create a sidewalk chalk drawing, take a picture with your family, and submit it to ASA Northwest using the upload form below.
Contest deadline: June 30
At your local participating ASA repair shops contest websites below:
• Motoring Services (Kennewick, Wash.) www.motoringservices.net/contest
• Valley Automotive Repair & Electric (Covington, Wash.) valleyautoelectric.com/contest
• Valley Auto & T9O Diesel (Tenino, Wash.) www.t9odiesel.com/contest
• Gig Harbor Auto Repair (Gig Harbor, Wash.) www.ghautoservice.com/contest
• Autocraft (Spokane Valley, Wash.) autocraftspokane.com/contest
• Autoworks of Issaquah (Issaquah, Wash.) www.autoworks-wa.com/contest
• Precision Automotive (The Dalles, Ore.) precisionautotd.com/contest
• Prairie Road Automotive (Eugene, Ore.) www.prairieroadautomotive.com/Contest
• Modern Collision Rebuild & Service (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) www.moderncollision.com/contest
Kukui is thrilled to help facilitate the NW Community Drawing Contest featuring nine prominent auto repair shops in both Oregon and Washington.
Early inception of the Community Drawing Contest was a result of the generous hearts of these four incredible shops and their respective owners:
● Gig Harbor Automotive Service | Brian Smith
● Valley Automotive Repair & Electric | Bryan Kelley
● Valley Auto & T90 Diesel | Jude Larson
● Motoring Services | Mike Hall
They wanted to band together to provide children in their communities with a fun activity to keep them occupied and entertained during the current crisis and the change to win some fun prizes.
In addition, they recognized that more and more parents were having to work from home, which inherently comes with its own set of challenges, so they thought it would be a good idea to provide parents with an extra activity to give their children. They didn’t want to stop there, they also decided they wanted to extend the magnitude of their support, thus they decided to each chip in $150 to put into a pool for the shop with the most submissions to donate to their charity of choice. Giving back to those that are in need the most. Yet again, they didn’t want to stop there, and they went out and recruited five more shops to join in on the community outreach which helped expand the content into not just one, but two states.
The additional five shops and their respective owners are:
● Autocraft | Miles Vierck
● Autoworks of Issaquah | Jon Mason
● Precision Automotive | David Wallace
● Prairie Road Automotive | Bill Filley
● Modern Collision | Micah Strom