Dr. Mark Quarto will provide insight into the world of vehicle electrification and related topics
Leesburg, Va.—The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is hosting a free webinar for service technicians on Thursday, Sept. 23, at 4 p.m. ET, entitled, “Vehicle Electrification: Transitioning to Alternating Current Systems.”
In this webinar, Dr. Mark Quarto, founder of Quarto Technical Services, will provide insight into the world of vehicle electrification. Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Industry update: it’s about transportation, not just automotive
- Regulatory requirements for electric vehicle power: New PIDs and diagnostics
- Systems that utilize AC power
- DC vs. AC power analysis: Simple comparisons
- Elements of AC power: the new language of analysis and diagnostics
- DC resistance, inductance, impedance, capacitance, phase angle, current-to-frequency ratio, dissipation factor, efficiency, power factor and more
- How understanding AC power effects depth of diagnostic success
- Synthesizing AC power from DC: The power inverter AC waveform creation
- Electric machines: AC sine waves, speed, torque and power control
- The inevitable changes are happening now: it’s time for instructors and technicians to embrace the change to AC
After registering, a confirmation email will be sent containing information about joining the webinar. Those who are not sure if they can attend are encouraged to register as they will receive a follow-up email with details on how to attend a recorded session, if available.
Click here to register or for more information.