Jim Lewis, instructor/course developer for NAPA Autotech, will cover a variety of topics
Leesburg, Va.—The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is hosting a free webinar for service technicians on Friday, Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. EST, entitled “GM Smart Charging System Diagnostics.”
During this one-hour webinar, Jim Lewis, instructor/course developer for NAPA Autotech will cover the following topics:
- A brief review of duty cycle operation and measurement as it applies to charging system voltage regulation.
- An overview of General Motors (GM) computer controlled RVC charging systems.
- GM battery current sensor operation and testing.
- Pinpoint diagnostic procedures to determine if GM RVC charging system problems are the result of alternator or computer issues.
- A case history demonstrating GM smart charging system diagnostic procedures.
For more information or to register for the webinar, click here.